For placement officer
By serving as the student’s primary touchpoint with industry, placement officers in campuses can play a crucial role in helping students gain a foothold in industry, thus giving an added impetus to their career. This microsite carries a list of frequently asked questions and answers around the campus hiring policies and programs of Infosys BPO. This will help placement officers promote Infosys BPO Campus Drive to students more effectively.
- What is the process Infosys BPO follows for campus recruitment?
We hold three rounds of interviews:
- Aptitude test
In this, we evaluate a student for basic aptitude skills such as problem solving, numerical calculation, reading comprehension, computer usage, and eye for detail.
- Group discussion and HR interview
The main parameter we check in this round is communication skill – both written and oral. The candidate’s skills in writing emails and essays are also tested.
- Personal interview
This round could be either telephonic or face-to-face. Here, a candidate’s willingness to work and ability to work in a 24/7 work environment is evaluated. Decision-making, communication skills, and candidate’s key strengths and areas for improvement are evaluated.
- What are the eligibility criteria that a student must satisfy in order to participate in the selection process?
- The candidate must have completed 18 years of age.
- The candidate must be graduating in the year 2013.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a 24/7 work environment, anywhere in India.
- On what basis does Infosys BPO select colleges to be part of the campus hiring pool?
Colleges are typically selected based on previous year’s contacts, students’ performance and recruiter’s feedback on the college. New cities and new colleges are added to this campus hiring pool based on criteria including NAAC accreditation, infrastructure, and number of eligible students.
- At what time of the year does Infosys BPO kick-start its campus hiring?
Campus hiring takes place between December and March every year. This is however based on and can vary with our business and resource requirements.
- What arrangements must the college make during a campus drive?
College authorities need to ensure final year students are informed well in advance about the recruitment drive. Students must carry the following:
- Their updated resume
- Two identical passport photographs
- College identity document (ID)
Colleges must also ensure to provide the following:
- A projector with a screen
- A hall with seating capacity of 500
- Six to eight classrooms
- Are we allowed to have pooled campus events for multiple colleges, if ‘yes’, what is the criteria for inviting colleges to such events?
Yes, pooled campus events can be organized. The host college must ensure to provide infrastructure and other logistics to accommodate other college students. The host college should be able to liaison with other colleges in the locality. Only recognized and accredited colleges can participate in a pooled campus event.
- By when must campus hires join Infosys BPO?
All campus hires must join anytime between May and September. Typically, our recruiters send a notice to all campus hires two weeks prior to their date of joining.
- Is there any material that students can read before they apply for a position at Infosys BPO?
Visit www.infosysbpo.com, the official website of Infosys BPO to learn more about the company.
Also visit www.nasscom.org, the NASSCOM (India’s National Association of Software and Services Companies) website to know more about the BPO industry.
- Who should I contact for more information on campus recruitment?
Please write to us at BPO_CampusTeam@infosys.com for any further information that you may require.