Sourcing and Procurement outsourcing
Sourcing and procurement has become a critical area for companies implementing cost-cutting measures. Core procurement processes and strategic business areas have emerged as key focus areas to drive cost savings. Several companies are outsourcing tactical sourcing and procurement processes to third-party vendors.
Sourcing and Procurement solutions from Infosys BPO provide transformational benefits across the entire source-to-procure and payment value cycle. Our end-to-end integrated procurement solutions deliver an optimal mix of competency, skills, tools, and technology through a global operating model.
Our Sourcing and Procurement practice has more than 500 professionals managing over US$17 billion in spend. Our commodity producer with strategic partners provide deep domain expertise and technology enablers.
Our offerings footprint
Infosys BPO offerings in sourcing and procurement
We also have business platforms, our pioneering service delivery model. Each business platforms is a comprehensive managed service offering that combines the best of technology (based on SAP SRM), process, and business process outsourcing. We offer financial and technological flexibility to our customers and reduce their overall risks. We help our customers move from a 'transactional BPO' (traditional back-office outsourcing) to a 'transformational BPO' model to capture value.
Infosys has established a Sourcing and Procurement Academy, the only learning center of its kind in India. The academy offers a focused sourcing and procurement curriculum to enhance competencies and meet the goals and objectives of employees as well as clients.
Some of our marquee clients and benefits delivered
The Infosys BPO advantage
|Global commodity producer
||Inventory buying, low-value buying, repairs / maintenance procurement, blanket purchase agreement (BPA) maintenance, vendor maintenance and expediting
- Procure to pay (P2P) backlogs reduced from 200 to eight
- Processing accuracy increased to 99.5 – 100%
- RFQ to PO conversion reduced from 10 days to 3 days
- Cost per transaction reduced by 40%
|Global oil and gas major
||Strategic sourcing and spend analysis, supplier performance management, contracts management, procurement systems helpdesk, flex staff procurement, and tactical procurement
- Savings of US$14.4 million in temporary staffing
- Savings of US$2.2 million in high-performance computing
- First reverse auction resulting in savings of US$800,000
- Increased supplier performance under management and visibility across geographies by 30%
|Leading mining equipment manufacturer
||Spend analytics and sourcing for low-value directs, price check discrepancy, RFQ preparation, supplier follow-up, quote analysis, verifying PO update in the systems, updating the system with new price, and cross verification of details updated through mass change
- Savings of 7% through spend analysis
- Standardization of knowledge base through centralized procurement activities
- Provision for centralized point of contact for sites / segments
|Leading mining company
||Sourcing and procurement support, strategic sourcing, eRFx management, master data management, contract management, catalog (price file) management, spend reporting and analytics, global supply and center of excellence (COE) reporting
- Savings of 15 – 20% through increased e-sourcing adoption
- Master data enrichment leveraging the process expertise of Infosys
- Process definition for multiple undefined process tracks, leveraging the high-end analytics process expertise at Infosys
- Global delivery model: Enables a customized delivery model based on client-specific requirements. Multiple delivery location options ensure seamless delivery and scalability of operations. We currently deliver procurement services from 7 of our 11 delivery centers.
- Extended sourcing organization: We function as an extension of our clients' sourcing and procurement organization. This ensures seamless delivery of services that focus on maximizing value at minimal risk.
- Spend savings and category management: A global, standardized category-agnostic sourcing methodology identifies and realizes value. Our sourcing services are supported by an ecosystem of tools, process expertise, centers of excellence, alliances, and category experts across various spend categories.
Webinar: fast forwarding procurement outsourcing
CCompanies that embark on procurement transformation seek support from service providers in category management and spend analysis. Know the key components of spend analysis and strategic sourcing with the Infosys BPO presentation made in the Sourcing Interests Group webinar on fast-forwarding procurement outsourcing. While one explains how spend analysis is a key enabler for category management , the other discusses value creation in supply management .
Smart Sourcing Summit: managing risk in uncertain times
The summit held on October 12 and 13, 2009, Chicago, puts the focus on the Infosys-Caterpillar partnership in the presentation, 'the optimized purchasing organization: Outsourcing as a competitive lever.’ The presentation details key drivers behind Caterpillar's procurement business process outsourcing (BPO) program, the process of selecting Infosys as a service provider, and the major benefits realized.
Published with permission of Caterpillar