Features & Opinions
Infosys BPO India Business
Infosys BPO has developed a delivery model to cater to the specific requirements of the Indian market while redefining cost parameters across people, technology and infrastructure.
In addition, Infosys BPO has deployed Rural BPO model where service providers operate in rural India to take advantage of low-cost operations. Infosys BPO partners with reputed and established rural BPOs to optimize costs backed by proven in-house practices and delivery mechanisms.
In addition to the offerings in international market, Infosys BPO has developed special offerings that meet the needs of the government and the private sector companies in India.
The Indian BPO sector follows a 'one stop shop' solution model. Customers want a vendor to manage the entire outsourcing operational chain from technology development and management to establishing and managing BPO facilities with high-quality delivery and infrastructure management.
Backed by Infosys Technologies, Infosys BPO offers an integrated IT-BPO delivery model designed to meet the needs of the Indian market.
Presently, we are implementing a comprehensive solution to support the Income Tax processing operations for the Government of India. It covers a wide range of IT and process management services, including:
- Application development
- Facility set up including hardware, software and infrastructure
- Logistics, mailroom and scanning solution
- Training content development and training delivery
- Knowledge transfer and ongoing service delivery
- Call center set up and customer service delivery
- Facility management
We also offer industry-specific solutions such as managing platform and processes. We have developed platform-based offerings such as VAS solution for telecom industry and loyalty management program for retail industry.
Business Service Center
Indian companies are registering robust growth, but are challenged by organizational misalignment of people, processes and technologies due to the lack of standardization.
Our Business Service Center consolidates the back office functions across dispersed business units and locations and enables clients to enhance organizational efficiency by implementing standardization and consolidation across global facilities.
Business case for Business Service Center (illustrative):
- Helps clients save on 30% of General and Administrative (G&A) expenses over the entire lifecycle through:
- Simplification and standardization of business processes across business units and geographies through intelligent use of technology
- Management of end-to-end process and accountability by Infosys BPO across these functions
- Transformation and continuous improvement metrics
- Transition from high fixed costs (Capex) approach to more variable cost model in managing G&A expenses
- 10% reduction in the “procurement spend” on select categories through consolidate buying approach
- 5% positive impact on revenue through predictive analytics
The key drivers of our Business Service Center are:
The Infosys BPO Advantage
- Operational effectiveness
- Productivity improvements
- Superior customer experience
- Compliance and control
- Global company with local view
- Integrated IT + BPO services
- Robust domain capability
- Infosys predictability
- Market-specific pricing and contracting
- High quality business process transformation resulting in enhanced control and monitoring facility resulting in better governance
Learn more about our service and platform offerings.
The Impact Sourcing model aims to reduce rampant attrition in the business process management (BPM) industry by leveraging talent in small rural centers.
Published with permission from NASSCOM
Infosys BPO expert discusses how the Sales and Fulfillment practice enhances efficiency and increases revenue with an integrated approach to processes across the supply chain.
Published with permission of Shared Services & Outsourcing Network
Infosys' expert proposes an alternative model for procurement outsourcing to ensure business transformation and sustainable savings.
Published with permission of Global Services Media