Manufacturing is one of the largest industry offerings from Infosys BPO. It contributes approximately 40% of our revenues.
We serve over 20 global clients including 15 Fortune 500 clients from our network of delivery locations, based in India, China, Poland, Czech Republic, Philippines, Mexico, and Brazil. Our services span the entire value chain of hi-tech, industrial manufacturing, resources, automotive, aerospace, and discrete manufacturing companies. We are pioneers in combining process delivery capability with industry-specific solutions, to increase the value delivered through business process outsourcing.
We partner with manufacturing clients across the globe to create lean and flexible organizations. Our Global Delivery Model (GDM), technology-led differentiation, process improvement, focus on value creation for clients and their customers. Our manufacturing practice blends multi-disciplinary skills.
We offer outsourcing solutions for the following segments in manufacturing:
Infosys BPO's Service Offering in Manufacturing
We offer end-to-end business solutions through a combination of process and technology platforms spanning several business functions .
The Infosys BPO Advantage
Going Beyond Traditional BPO Enabling Business Value Addition
While we continue to reduce the Selling, General, and Administrative (SG&A) expenditure for clients, we are keen to rationalize their Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) expense and identify opportunities for revenue enhancement. We plan to achieve this by aligning with our channel partners and sales organizations.
We have developed a proprietary business value-added framework that focuses on impacting our client’s business metric.
Technology as a Multiplier
We help clients get more from their outsourcing investments by leveraging technology as a multiplier. Some of our technology solutions include:
Infosys Channel Support Solution (ICSS)
Infosys Return Management Solution (IRMS)
- Increased adoption of technology, complexity of products, shorter product life cycles and changing customer tastes has seen the rate of returning products increase significantly -E.g.: $1.2 bn mobile phones – three to four percent of that were returns
- Return of products through multiple channels as well as lack of appropriate authorization mechanisms led to improper returns handling and hence customer dissatisfaction/ brand dilution – an efficient channel to manage physical, financial and information flow of returns is the need of the hour
- Increased environmental concerns and EU regulations are driving large OEMs to become more aware and hence proactive on product recovery and subsequent management
Manage the flow of information in the after-market supply chain lifecycle through an "Infosys Returns Management Solution"(IRMS) that encompasses the following solution components:
- Customer Service (Helpdesk)
- RMA Management
- Asset Recovery
- Warranty Management
Benefits/ Value Proposition
Infosys Inbound Supply Reconciliation Solution (ISRS)
The IRMS solution provides an integrated view of the various partners in the Returns Management ecosystem and helps achieve the following:
- Efficient management of RMA and DOA requests
- Improved customer satisfaction/ handling through a 24x7 support helpdesk
- Analytics on Returns, repairs and warranty and thereby optimize net cash contribution
- Monitor and track product issues and environment-related regulations
- Synchronization of transaction data between vendor systems and enterprise systems is a big challenge for many organizations
- Discrepancies in the order date, order quantities, part nos. can result in a cascading effect on demand fulfillment
- In a world of disparate systems with business relationships spanning across systems, ensuring integrity of information is the key to ensuring delivery performance
Manage inbound supply chain interfaces through "Infosys Inbound supply reconciliation solution" that encompasses the following solution components:
- Supply Chain Transaction Data Retrieval System
- Supply Chain Data Comparison
Benefits/ Value Proposition
The solution provides an integrated view of purchase order management across vendor and organization systems with following benefits:
- Improved on-time performance
- Reduction in manual effort in supply chain coordination
- Ensure optimized inventory
- Reduction in re-conciliation effort
We work in client ecosystems and develop industry-specific services to reduce cost. Some of the benefits delivered to our clients include:
- 30-40% improvement in shared services costs by leveraging global delivery
- Implementation of Toyota production line to improve productivity in a stable AP process by around 20% in a year
- Improved license renewal accuracy by improving customer data accuracy
- On-time payment performance increase to 89% from 72%
- 27% reduction in unapplied cash